According to the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources, the price of oil to heat our homes has more than doubled compared to last year alone. And with the average home using three gallons of oil per day to supply adequate heat, people are quickly seeking to switch from oil to natural gas or propane to keep their homes warm for the cold months. If you’ve been considering converting from oil to gas, you’re likely wondering what the benefits of gas are and if the process of changing is worth your time and effort.
What are the benefits of switching to gas?
- Generally, natural gas and propane are less expensive fuels. They are also much less likely to be impacted by erratic price changes. This allows homeowners to confidently estimate their energy costs.
- Converting from oil to gas also increases the resale value of your home. Many homebuyers don’t like home-heating oil systems and prefer a gas system. Gas is also cleaner and provides optimum efficiency..
- Both natural gas and propane are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and produce fewer emissions..
- Using gas, either natural or propane, will keep your equipment running cleaner prolonging equipment life.
- Sourced from the United States, natural gas and propane are primarily domestic products, reducing the dependency on foreign resources.
- Many rebates and energy incentives are available on new appliances that use gas.
Save Money on Your Heating Bill
One of the greatest benefits of converting from oil to gas is the savings you’ll experience. With the cost of natural gas being significantly less, you will quickly see the decrease in your energy bill. These immediate savings will add up and offset the cost of the conversion process, and while the cost of oil will continue to fluctuate and be unpredictable, you will be able to count on the stability of natural gas and propane.
If the latest spike in oil costs or the quality of air in your home has you thinking about switching from oil to gas-powered heat, please take a few minutes and contact our team today. We’re happy to answer any of your questions, and our experts are able to make the switch to gas seamless.